Traditional Potato Pancakes
Makes 3 to 4 dozen, depending on size.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Rumford Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper, about 1/8 teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil For Frying
In a food processor, dice up the onions and potatoes briefly until medium fine . Add in eggs and process a bit more, and then remaining
ingredients and process to make a batter, about 1-2 minutes.
Heat up some oil in a large skillet, about 1/2 inch up the sides. When the oil is hot, drop dollops of the batter in the hot oil. Brown well on each side, turning once. Drain on paper towels. (Make small ones as they are crisper)
Serves with sour cream and applesauce on the side.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Marcy's Kosher Cuisine
This is the easy and classic recipe most families serve.