- 1 large eggplant, washed, trimmed, skinned somewhat, and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small lemon, washed, and thinly sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, washed, trimmed and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup pitted or pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, fined minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry Italian spices
- 1 28 ounce can ground San Marco or plum tomatoes
- Salt, pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Add everything to a 4-5 quart Dutch oven in order given.
Cover and roast, 2-3 hours until vegetables are softened and cooked down, reducing oven temperature to 325 F midway. Alternatively, you can start at 325 F and cook it 3-4 hours without temperature adjustment.
Serve hot or cold with French bread or challah, an omelette or quiche or as a bruschetta topping.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Marcy's Kosher Cuisine
This is the simplest, sunniest dish you can imagine. You layer on the ingredients – don’t bother stirring – slow roast and dip into Mediterranean heaven. This is nice as part of a vegetarian meal or a side with poached salmon.