Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Makes about 12 cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soft shortening
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (6 ozs.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Banana Frosting
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tin with cupcake papers.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, Clabber Girl Baking Powder and salt. Add all at once shortening, bananas, evaporated milk, vanilla, and eggs. Beat on medium until blended, then beat 3 minutes longer. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.
In a small bowl, combine margarine, evaporated milk, and banana flavoring. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing until smooth after each addition. Mix until frosting is smooth and shiny. If consistency is too thick, add a few drops of evaporated milk.
Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with chocolate chips