Pumpkin Crunch Coffee Cake
- Crunch Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Coffee Cake:
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup solid packed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan or 10-inch springform pan.
Combine ingredients for Crunch Topping; stir together and set aside.
For Coffee Cake, in a large bowl, combine sugar and butter until smooth. Add eggs and blend well. Add pumpkin and sour cream, mix well. In a medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients; add to pumpkin mixture. Beat on low speed until mixed, then on high speed for two more minutes. Batter will be thick. Spoon batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with the crunch topping.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.