Cookies and Cream Chocolate Sour Cream Cookies
Makes 10-12 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Cookies and Cream Chocolate Bar (about 4-5 bars)
- Melted white chocolate, for drizzling, about 3 ounces, melted
Preheat oven to 350 F. Stack two baking sheets together and line top one with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, hand whisk the butter and cocoa to blend well. Add in the sugar, vanilla, egg, sour cream and cream cheese and blend well. Fold in the dry ingredients and last, gently fold in the Cookies and Cream chopped chocolate. Form into large balls and press lightly onto cookie sheet. Bake 14-18 minutes until cookies are puffed and slightly crackled.
Cool well and toss in cocoa or confectioners' sugar or drizzle on melted white and dark chocolate.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Marcy's Kosher Cuisine
'I'm dreaming of a white Chanukah' is what you will hum as these decadent cookies bake. A puffy chocolate cookie is studded with chunks of Cookies and Cream (yes, they are kosher) chocolate bars and drizzled with more white chocolate after baking. Sour cream, as well as a touch of cream cheese, star in this rich chocolate cookie.