Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- 1-1/2 cups ground shortbread cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough or homemade *
- 3 14 ounce can condensed milk
- tiniest pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Use any chocolate chip cookie dough that requires 1/2 cup butter in it.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In the bottom of a 9 inch cheesecake or springform pan, toss the crust ingredients together and press into pan bottom. Set aside. Cut up the cookie dough in chunks (about 1 inch or less) and set aside. Dump everything but the chocolate chips in a food processor and blend until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
Turn out half the batter into the prepared pan. Scatter on most of the cookie dough chunks. Top with the remaining batter, more chunks, and the chocolate chips. Place the pan on the baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake until just set, reducing temperature to 325 F around mid point, and bake a total of 35-45 minutes. Cool in the oven with door open and oven turned off.
Then refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Recipe by: Marcy Goldman - Marcy's Kosher Cuisine
What a wonderful way to celebrate Chanukah – a deluxe cheesecake that is as easy as they come.