1. In a 5 qt. mixer bowl, beat all biscuit dry ingredients on low speed with paddle beater until mixed.
2. Add shortening; beat on low speed until a coarse crumb texture is achieved.
3. Add buttermilk; beat on low speed until mixed.
4. Form into 2 equal sized balls of dough and place on well-floured work surface. Knead each one 10-12 times.
5. Roll or pat into two 8x12 inch rectangles, ½ inch thick.
6. Cut each rectangle into 24 biscuits with a floured 2 inch biscuit cutter and place 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
7. Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
1. In a small mixer bowl, beat cream cheese with wire whisk until creamy.
2. Add cheesecake mix, milk, and chipotle powder. Beat on low speed 30 seconds; scrape the bowl well; beat on medium speed an additional 2 minutes or until creamy.
3. For each serving, plate 2 biscuits and a small ramekin of chocolate spread
• To save time and waste, just cut rectangle 4 x 6 into 24 square biscuits.
• For a different flavor, you could omit the chili powder and substitute 1/2 teaspoon maple flavor.