1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Line 2-24 cupcakes pans (or more, if using smaller than regular size) with muffin liners. Spray top of cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a food processor, grind the sugar to make fine. Add the butter and lime zest and process to blend butter and sugar well. Add in eggs and extracts to blend.
4. Fold in dry ingredients and pulse to blend a bit, and then add in chilled coconut milk. Blend well. Fold coconut in briefly.
5. Using an ice-cream scooper, deposit batter into prepared molds.
6. Place on upper rack of oven, and bake, immediately reducing temperature to 350 F. until cupcakes are gently golden, and spring back when touched. Cool well.
1. Whip all frosting ingredients in the food processor or a mixer until light and fluffy, adding in food coloring if desired.
2. Smear on cupcakes or pipe with a pastry bag using a star tip.
3. Sprinkle on coconut and minced up lime zest if desired.
Makes 48 regular cupcakes