Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake
Cakes, Pies & Tarts
This shortcake is layers of cake with Royal® Cheesecake topped with strawberry pie filling.
Strawberry Pie (Filling)
- 1 qt. strawberries fresh
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. Corn Syrup
- 3/4 c. water
- 2 tbsp. strawberry gelatin
- 3 tbsp. Clabber Girl Cornstarch
Royal Cheesecake Mix
1. Bake shortcakes or rich biscuits (biscuit or shortcake yield is for 8-10 ; that will make one shortcake layer)
2. Split shortcake in half, horizontally and place bottom half back in spring form mold.
3. Spoon on a thin layer of strawberry pie filling. Spoon on prepared Royal Cheesecake Topping.
4. Replace top shortcake layer on top and gently press. Chill 2-4 hours. Top with fresh strawberries.