1. According to package instructions, prepare 3.1 oz. Royal Strawberry Mousse mix (1/2 C.) with 3/4 C. cold milk. Refrigerate.
2. Likewise, prepare 4 oz. Royal Mousse mix (3/4 C.) with one cup cold milk and refrigerate.
3. Whip 1 C. heavy cream with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar until stiff peaks from. (Frozen whipped topping can be substituted.)
4. Prepare any standard Chocolate Cake Mix according to package instructions to make three 9"" round cakes.
5. When cakes are cooled, split each layer into two with one long serrated knife.
6. To assemble the torte, spread approximately one cup of prepared Royal Chocolate Mousse onto one thin layer of cake. Place another cake layer down, then top with one cup prepared Royal Strawberry Mousse. Place another cake layer, then the prepared whipped cream. Continue with cake, strawberry mousse, cake, chocolate mousse, and then the final cake layer.
7. The torte can be topped with simple chocolate butter cream frosting or topped with ganache. Garnish slices of the torte with fresh strawberries and any remaining whipped cream.
1. Chop 8 oz. Dark Chocolate and place in a heat-proof bowl.
2. Bring 1 cup heavy whipping cream just to a boil.
3. Remove cream from heat & pour over chocolate all at once.
4. Stir slowly with a piano whisk until smooth.
* Prepare a thin cake in a sheet pan. Cut into desired number of squares. Layer as directed above.