A loaf of this Cinnamon Nut Quick Bread is a delicious addition for breakfast! Enjoy a slice with your morning coffee, tea, milk or even for an afternoon snack.
The wonderful flavors of cinnamon and nuts swirled into a moist and delicious batter and baked to perfection-all with no yeast needed.
I love making different breads to enjoy for breakfasts or snacks. My whole family are fans too. One loaf generally doesn’t last too long in this house. You can’t go wrong with the amazing smell of this yummy Cinnamon Nut Quick Bread as its baking! The delightful aroma brings back all that childhood nostalgia of mom or grandma baking in their homes.
This Cinnamon Nut Quick Bread is simple to make. It comes together quickly in preparing. Unlike regular bread, this quick bread requires no yeast so there is no rising time needed.
Enjoy this Cinnamon Nut Quick Bread fresh and warm out of the oven, for your morning breakfast, or as a yummy afternoon snack. For additional flavors spread butter or cream cheese on top.
Cinnamon Nut Quick Bread Recipe
- 1/4 C. butter, melted
- 1/2 C. nuts (walnuts or pecans – I used walnut)
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 1/2 C. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. Clabber Girl Baking Soda
- 1/4 C. apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 C. milk
- 2 lg. eggs
- 1/4 C. shortening, melted
- 1-2 Tbsp. butter, as desired
- Equal parts cinnamon and sugar sprinkled over the top
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan, then set aside.
- Combine melted butter, nuts, cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar in small mixing bowl. Mix well together and set aside.
- Add the other 1/2 cup or sugar, flour, salt and baking soda to a larger mixing bowl and whisk together until well blended.
- Using a measuring cup, add the apple cider vinegar to the milk.
- Using a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and the vinegar/milk mixture and beat together. Gradually add the melted shortening and stir together.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and blend together well. Scrape the sides of the bowl so all bread batter is together in center. Then add in the second half, blending well and scraping the sides down a second time.
- Fold in the nut/cinnamon mixture to create a swirling effect, but not completely mixed within the batter.
- Pour the batter into loaf pan and bake at 350° F. for 45 to 55 minutes, until clean toothpick comes out.
- Immediately after removing the loaf from the oven, gently rub butter over the top of the loaf for a light melted butter topping. Then sprinkle a light layer of cinnamon/sugar to finish off the bread.
- Cool for 10 minutes, remove from loaf pan and continue cooling. Enjoy warm or cooled.