Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) is key to the consistent quality in many bakery products. As a source of carbon dioxide, it’s both reliable and economical. Using baking soda as a chemical leavening agent can be tricky, and time is very important to the final product. It is common to sodium bicarbonate in cake and muffin batter.
Our research and development team at Clabber Girl Corporation has developed an encapsulated sodium bicarbonate that regulates the rate of reaction for more consistent results. This will help you to gain greater control while having greater flexibility with time. As a part of our line of encapsulated ingredients, our encapsulated bicarbonate uses a proprietary encapsulation release system. Phase 1 releases a controlled amount of sodium bicarbonate at the mixing stage to give batter the air and lift it needs. Phase 2 occurs during baking as the lipid coating of the encapsulated product dissolves, releasing just the right amount to activate mold inhibitors such as calcium propionate, resulting in longer product shelf life.
Clabber Girl Encapsulated Sodium Bicarbonate provides:
- Controlled release of sodium bicarbonate to prevent premature reaction with acids.
- Ability to utilize any type of acidulant, even those considered “fast-acting.”
- Optimum performance when used with either liquid or dry preservatives.
- Improved product quality and consistency.
- Reduced ingredient requirements for greater profitability.
- Previously unattainable stability and control over finished product.
Ideal for use in:
Let us show you how to save money and gain greater control over your baking results with Clabber Girl Encapsulated Sodium Bicarbonate.