Clabber Girl’s custom leavening system contains a specially formulated blend of ingredients that provides greater control during the leavening stage to ensure quality, consistent results for a variety of baked goods including breads, tortillas and batter based products.
Clabber Girl’s Encapsulated Sodium Bicarbonate provides a delayed release leavening action. Utilizing our proprietary encapsulation technology, the sodium bicarbonate is protected during the mixing phase, then provides a quick leavening reaction in the oven for the ideal amount of lift. This makes it an especially good choice for products utilizing gluten-free flours.
For tortillas, Clabber Girl’s Encapsulated Sodium Bicarbonate offers the benefit of delaying the sodium bicarbonate’s reaction with the acidulant (fumaric acid) in your mix. This enhances the effectiveness of the preservative in regulating pH for improved shelf life. The controlled release of ingredients also contributes to a stronger tortilla structure, leading to improved texture and appearance.
Clabber Girl’s Encapsulated Sodium Bicarbonate:
- Provides the ideal amount of lift for a variety of baked goods.
- Provides a higher rise in breads and other products using low or no-gluten flours.
- Reduces translucency, and improves texture in tortillas using low or no-gluten flours..
- Eliminates the challenge of complicated ingredient mixing/formulating.
- Reduces ingredient requirements for greater profitability.
Ideal for use in:
- Gluten-Free applications
- Low-gluten applications
- Batter based bakery items
Let us show you how to save money and gain greater control over your baking results with Clabber Girl’s Encapsulated Sodium Bicarbonate.