Our monocalcium phosphate (MCP) baking powder, better known as Rumford Double Acting Baking Powder, has gained popularity as a healthy choice. The formula is a combination of non-aluminum ingredients blended with corn starch made from non-genetically modified (non-GMO) corn.
Rumford Baking Powder is the leading orthophosphate (all-phosphate) baking powder in the United States today, and does not contain the sodium aluminum sulfate common in other baking powders.
As a double acting chemical leavening product, the leavening CO2 in Rumford Baking Powder is released by the reaction of MCP and sodium bicarbonate in the presence of moisture during the mixing stage. About 66% is released at batter temperature and the rest is released in the oven for a final leavening “boost” during the baking stage.
Rumford Baking Powder:
- Contains Identity Preserved (IP) non-GMO corn starch
- Is aluminum-free (no sodium aluminum sulfate)
- Meets National Organic Program “Allowed Synthetic Materials” ingredient requirements
- Imparts a fine pore crumb structure, giving products a tender mouth feel
- Provides fast-acting leavening reaction
- Offers excellent dough conditioning properties
- Is ideal for use with doughs containing rye flour
- Provides slightly firmer doughs and batters
Rumford Double Acting Baking Powder is ideal for use in:
- Ready‐to‐use mixes
Let us show you how to achieve quality, consistent baking results with the healthy ingredient blend of Rumford Double Acting Baking Powder.