Fleischmann’s Double Acting Baking Powder is known as the trusted choice of professionals, providing a SAPP formula that delivers dependable, high-quality results. There are two varieties of Fleischmann’s Baking Powder: regular and non-GMO.
Fleischmann’s Double Acting Baking Powder
With Fleischmann’s Double Acting Baking Powder, the leavening CO₂ is released by the reaction of sodium acid pyrophosphate (SAPP) and monocalcium phosphate (MCP) in the presence of heat and moisture. With this slow-acting leavener, about 10% of the carbon dioxide gas is released at a controlled rate with the addition of liquid during mixing, while the rest is released in the oven. Its prolonged bench tolerance provides the versatility industrial baking operations desire.
Fleischmann’s Double Acting Baking Powder:
- Does not contain sodium aluminum sulfate
- Provides excellent grain, texture, volume and crumb color in cakes
- Imparts small air cells for a “sponge cake” texture
- Provides a controlled, slow gas release – excellent bench tolerance
- Offers consistent performance for industrial operations with assembly lines
Fleischmann’s Baking Powder with non-GMO Corn Starch
Fleischmann’s Baking Powder with non-GMO Corn Starch is an ideal match for industrial bakers seeking to provide healthier, label-friendly ingredients to increasingly health-conscious consumers. It has the same chemical action as the regular Fleischmann’s Double Acting Baking Powder. Fleischmann’s non-GMO formulation provides the same reliable performance of Fleischmann’s well known double acting baking powder, with the added advantage of the corn starch in the blend being made from non-genetically modified (non-GMO) corn.
Fleischmann’s Baking Powder with non-GMO Corn Starch:
- Contains Identity Preserved (IP) non-GMO corn starch
- Contains ingredients compliant with NOP’s* “Allowed Synthetic Materials”
Fleischmann’s Double Acting Baking Powder is ideal for use in:
- Refrigerated dough and batters
- Ready-to-use mixes