Clabber Girl Double Acting Baking Powder has been the industry standard in industrial leavening systems for over 100 years, with good reason. This double acting sodium aluminum sulfate (SAS) leavening product is designed to provide dependable, high-quality results in a wide range of baked goods for food industry operations such as bakeries, restaurants and institutions where consistency counts.
Our SAS formula provides a balanced release of carbon dioxide gas in two stages – in the bowl and when heat is applied. The leavening CO₂ is released by the reaction of SAS, monocalcium phosphate (MCP) and sodium bicarbonate in the presence of moisture. About 30% is released at batter temperature and the rest is released in the oven. This allows you to have a longer bench time without compromising the leavening action.
Clabber Girl Double Acting Baking Powder:
- Provides optimal leavening in both mixing and baking stages
- Ensures adequate air cell development and good baking volume
- Provides strong oven performance – delayed gas release for products requiring long processing time
- Imparts a tender crumb texture
- No “off flavors” associated with pyrophosphates
Clabber Girl Double Acting Baking Powder is ideal for use in:
- Frozen dough and batters
- Ready to use mixes
Let us show you how to achieve quality, consistent baking results with the trusted formulation of Clabber Girl Double Acting Baking Powder.