Autumn is Mother Nature’s last burst of vibrant beauty before falling asleep for the long, cold winter. In autumn, the trees morph from green into hues of deep red, yellow and orange, while the heat of the summer is blown away by crisp breezes and ripening sunsets. Fall is the season of harvest, a time to enjoy the fruits of our labors, especially when one of those fruits is a popular autumn treat — apples.
Warm Up with Apple Dishes that Remind You of Home.
From gooey apple pies to savory cobblers, even just the smell of a baking apple is enough to warm the skin on chilly nights. While our tried and true favorites are cornerstones of autumn traditions, let this fall be your opportunity to explore a little and put some extra spice into your apple recipes:
- Move over blueberries and bananas! These warm and moist Apple Streusel Muffins will re-energize your morning commute.
- Green Granny Smiths make these Apple Cream Cheese Scones an irresistible treat for breakfast or dessert. The richness of the cream cheese with warm vanilla notes blend perfectly with the tartness of the apples.
- Time to bring out the main course! Apples add juiciness, flavor and a punch of color to this Apple Roast Chicken.
- Missing the fair or harvest festivals? Try our Apple Dumpling Deluxe for a warm taste that pairs well with vanilla ice cream.
Think Outside the Pie – Use Apples for Welcoming Décor!
While there are hundreds of ways to bring them into every meal, apples aren’t just for the taste buds. This versatile fruit can be used as both snacks and centerpieces. Eat one apple yourself, then make one of these unique crafts with the other:
- Using different colored ink, you can create beautiful artwork using halved apples as stamps.
- Give your fall backyard BBQ a pop of color with floating tea light candleholders made from cored apples.
- Craft a one-of-a-kind welcoming wreath to hang on your front door with various fall icons, including dried apples.
- Sip steamy apple cider from a hollowed out bright red apple cup. Soup in a bread bowl has nothing on this combination!
Whether in the kitchen or on the craft table, fall’s favorite fruit has something for everyone. So remember, when life hands you apples, you can make, well, just about anything!